Monday, January 29, 2018

Organ Meats?

On a recent string on the Wahls' Protocol Facebook page, folks were talking about other ways to get our organ meats.  Canned sardines were discussed.  If the whole organism is canned, there are organs!  People were getting pretty excited.  I'm excited too, but, full disclosure, I am not actually sure the whole organism is in these luscious Portuguese sardines from Vital Choice.  The head isn't there, and while the bones and skin are, I'm not noticing any organs.  No matter -- they were amazing on a non-compliant bed of sage and onion gluten-free polenta (corn isn't the best for us)  I also sauteed a few mushrooms, a handful of arugula and two cloves of garlic (which count as a veggie serving!) and perked the whole thing up with arrabiata sauce.  This is an example of getting a lot of whole food goodness despite the inclusion of the corn.  We aren't all perfect all of the time, but we can keep leaning into it. 

As for the organ meats, I give myself credit for the luscious oysters on the half shell we ate in New Orleans and also for my weekly chicken livers with lemon and balsamic glaze.

No comments:

Post a Comment