Thursday, February 1, 2018

Simple

Bone broth is so helpful for this spoonie but sometimes the brainwork to make it an appealing treat is more than I can handle in the heat of the moment.  In a flash of inspiration today, I remembered I had recently made a couple of jars of Nom Nom Paleo's "Magic Mushroom Powder".  I simply stirred a teaspoon of it into my fresh broth.

For anyone who hasn't checked out Michelle Tam's award winning website, you should.  She has her own jars of "MMP" available on her site, but you can also find her recipe there.  I am terrible at precision, [lazy] so my first go at creating the powder was way too salty (I assumed that a 1 lb. package of salt was 2 cups, and it clearly isn't).  I just bought a bunch more dried mushrooms and mixed them into my first batch and it's just perfect now, though I'm sure it'd be even better if I'd actually followed Michelle's guidance.  In any case, now that I have a reasonable facsimile of the "Magic Mushroom Powder", it fits beautifully into my imprecise [lazy] manner of doing things.  It is so darn good stirred into bone broth!  Simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment