Wednesday, April 30, 2014

My New Favorite Takeout Order

We love lazy Sundays. This area hasn't had a reliable Chinese/Thai restaurant which offers delivery for some time, so I am keeping my fingers crossed on a new one which recently popped up. Now that I'm gluten-free and phasing out "filler foods" such as rice noodles, I wanted different proportions of ingredients. Pho fits the bill! This was fabulous. The broth was packed separately from the toppings:

 Here we have fish, chicken, roasted garlic, mung bean sprouts, mint, cilantro, jalapeno, onions and limes, along with two little sauces -- the one on the left seemed to be a homemade sriracha, and the other one was sort of a sweeter barbeque sauce. I only used the sriracha. Oh, and this was all on a bed of glass noodles. This provided two full meals for me and there were still plenty of noodles left which I didn't eat. It's probably the best takeout food I've ever had and was a good fit with the protocol.

No comments:

Post a Comment