Saturday, June 13, 2015

Learning More . . .

After watching a video interview with Dr. Wahls recently, I decided to pick up The Wahls Protocol for a more careful look. Early enthusiasm sometimes gets the best of me and I tend to jump in before taking the time to formulate a plan, figuring I'll learn as I go. Well, it's been over a year now since I found out about Dr. Wahls and decided to end my four-year foray into a vegan lifestyle, and I realize I've only been dipping my toe into the Wahls Protocol (tm). Staying off dairy was always a no-brainer. Giving up gluten was a minor shift which seems to be working. Adding organic meats and seafood has been a pleasure which is paying dividends. But I've not given much thought to ketosis -- that's new. I think I'm going to try it!

I've recently returned from a week at the Outer Banks of North Carolina (a block away from the location of the first flight by the Wright Brothers). My parents-in law graciously hosted us. There is always plenty to eat and drink in their convivial company, but I worried I'd have to stray from my all-organic Wahls-ish standards. As such, I spent a lot of time at the Fresh Market and in the kitchen while I was at the beach. Back at home now, this was my breakfast today -- my husband's leftover grass-fed steak from last night along with some raw turnips, radishes and mustard, but variations of this plateful figured prominently in my beach meals. There's a lot I look forward to learning about ketosis and how it can affect my prognosis.

No comments:

Post a Comment