Wednesday, June 17, 2015

All In -- Eager for Results

Still striving for my 9 cups of fruits and veggies per day, I'm daunted by the challenge of including enough of the three types: Green, sulphur and brightly colored. The brightly colored ones are the most outside my personal comfort zone. I could eat greens, onions and mushrooms over and over again, but brightly colored foods aren't usually calling my name. So I eat a lot of blueberries!
These are photos of recent breakfasts I've enjoyed, halfway through their prep. The top one was a smoothie to which I'd also added a frozen banana and some coconut water, and the turnip was chopped and eaten with a liver pate I made out of last night's leftovers.

The weather has been too hot for grocery shopping, so I'm getting very, very creative with what I already have. With a little planning, this way of eating isn't hard to implement. I understand there will be several months before I begin to notice marked health improvements. I can't wait to see how I feel! The heat has me down a bit right now. It's amazing how it makes walking across pavement feel like walking through thick mud. On tough days like these its important not to lose perspective and to realize that this, too, shall pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment