Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Another Look at Wahls

My spoonie memory had deleted the fact that  I'd pre-ordered Dr. Wahls' new book, The Wahls Protocol, Food for Life.  Imagine my surprise when it showed up on my doorstep as I was already knee-deep in The Autoimmune Wellness Handbook by Mickey Trescott and Angie Alt.  Being a girl who takes note when the universe seems to speak, I used the synchronicity as an excuse to reassess my approach to wellness, and my reasons for giving up what hadn't seemed to work.

Last year, I decided the Wahls Protocol wasn't going to work for me because I seemed to always fall short of its requirements.  I was always sold on the theory, just had trouble implementing it.  So, I never really gave it a chance.  I've consumed Dr. Wahls' new book almost in its entirety in only a few days.  I'm happy to say that this new book makes the Wahls' Protocol more accessible for me.  Dr. Wahls also now employs a "template" approach similar to Mickey's and Angie's.  I'm not organized by nature, but if actually try planning, I might get somewhere.  I'm thrilled with both recent books, and I find the content of each complements the other.

I've been feeling so tired and unfocused lately, and recent symptoms tend to hang around all the time when they used to go away for a while in a 24 hour span.  Yesterday I got 7 Wahls' servings of vegetables and fruits -- way more than I normally am able to consume.  This morning I feel great!  There's no way of knowing after one day if it's because of what I ate yesterday or because of something else, so it's worth expanding the experiment.  Today I'm going for 9!

This Apple Pie Smoothie, from Dr. Wahls' new book, was amazing, and I am still full two hours later.  I've got 2 of my veggies in already.  Time to stock up on more!

No comments:

Post a Comment