Thursday, January 14, 2016

An Accidental Scramble

This fabulous mess of a photo was an afterthought, mid-feeding-frenzy.  Because the day got away from me yesterday, I had a big veggie deficit that needed filling at about 9:00 a.m.

My husband is not a fan of broccoli rabe and I adore all things bitter, all the better if they are green.  Therefore, breakfast seemed the perfect time for me to indulge, with him off at work.  The idea was to saute the greens in coconut oil and grass-fed butter, along with anything fun I could find in my larder, then top it all off with a couple of fried organic eggs.  I started with about 4 cups of greens plus mushrooms, tomatoes, garlic and thinly sliced turmeric. After the initial saute of most of the veggies, I created a well in the center of the pan and dropped the eggs right in.  Too late, I realized I'd forgotten the garlic and turmeric, which I'd reserved to avoid burning.  With the eggs frying, the time for stirring was over.  But I did it anyway to get it all cooked and off the heat.  Hence my accidental scramble!  I ate this whole darn panful.  It's amazing what good food can do.  I feel like a new woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment