Thursday, July 17, 2014

Breakfast on St. John


We've just returned from our vacation on St. John. See St. John on my other blog for more photos and info about this wonderful destination. The sun rises very early on the island. The ambient light began to wake me every day at 4:45 a.m., so I relished the quiet solitude and remarkable one-of-a-kind show of the sunrise, often complete with torrential downpours and rainbows, from the best vantage point imaginable. Everything is more expensive on this island, but I did spring for organic eggs and grass-fed butter. I made downgraded bulletproof coffee, with standard grounds and only butter (they've probably never heard of MCT oil on the island), stirred with a spoon. From my front-row seat, it was fabulous!

Some other mornings, oatmeal fueled my day, but here's another egg dish:

 I veered off course during the week with bean consumption and regular bread, But am now cleaning up my act again at home.

With gratitude for our week in paradise . . .




No comments:

Post a Comment