Friday, October 10, 2014

A Wahls-Worthy Panful

Life has been abundant in surprising ways lately, with so many blessings but with time at a premium. In seasons such as these, it takes a bit more planning and work to keep the healthy food coming. This morning, by the time I remembered to eat it was almost lunch time. So I made a big, healthy brunch all in one pan. In coconut oil and organic, nitrate-free bacon, I sauteed mushrooms, garlic, two types of tomatoes and piles of broccoli rabe. I also cut open a bag of this:

and tossed it into the pan (the kelp noodles, not the air plant). Have you seen these noodles? It's fun -- you just rinse them off and add them to whatever you are eating.  They seem to be an awful lot like the "glass noodles" we sometimes order from our local Asian eatery. "Glass noodles" may be a marketing tool. Personally, I'd have been more enthusiastic about kelp. This was an easy way to get my seaweed fix. This panful was amazing, strengthening and sustaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment