Friday, November 3, 2017

Curried Meatballs

This is not my recipe -- just my take on one of my favorites from The Autoimmune Wellness Handbook (an excellent book!) by Mickey Trescott and Angie Alt.  The original recipe calls for grass-fed stew beef, turnips and carrots, which I swapped for grassfed meatballs (just ground beef mixed with chopped Italian parsley) and a small organic kabocha pumpkin, skin and all.  I also used less coconut milk and a little more bone broth.

This recipe is a very light curry, flavored only with turmeric and cinnamon.  It was perfect for my husband, who is typically not a fan of curry, for whatever reason.  I loved it too!

We spoonies make do with what we have on hand, often to avoid an extra trip to the store (which spends spoons).  Keeping our larders stocked with wholesome ingredients that feed our mitochondria is crucial for moments like these.

No comments:

Post a Comment