Thursday, June 22, 2017

Waste Not, Want Not

Striving for plenty of 9-cups-of-veg days full of healthy proteins and fats, I'm always looking for opportunities to squeeze in what I need.
Last night I poached a couple of Vital Choice Wild King Salmon fillets in coconut milk and wine, with a sliced onion and a cup of sliced mushrooms.  The fish was so delicious, but I was left with a panful of omega-3 infused broth.  Realizing it was a wonderful soup-starter for the next day, after dinner I saved it in the fridge.

This morning for breakfast, I warmed the broth and vegetables along with some sliced bok choy and carrots, and enriched it with bone broth and garlic.  This "poaching liquid veggie soup" was a wonderful way to start the day, and get a head start on today's 9!

[Note:  I receive no compensation from Vital Choice.  The company was recommended by my Functional Medicine Physician and I am very impressed with them.  The fish is amazing, and it's good to share what works.]

No comments:

Post a Comment