Thursday, August 11, 2016

A Wonderful Meal

The larder is getting empty and I've not had time for grocery shopping, so I got creative.  I have a couple of Vital Choice halibut filets left, a small handful of kale, the dregs of a box of arugula and a dry package of quinoa.  I seared the filets in cast iron, then served them with a tangy homemade chimichurri (parsley, lemon, garlic, onion, extra virgin olive oil and vinegar -- use vinegar sparingly to taste)  I treated the kale to a lemon and oil massage, and then added arugula, pomegranate seeds (frozen) and pumpkin seeds.  I prepared the quinoa with organic veggie broth and then stirred in some chopped raisins.  This was all FABULOUS!  It turned out I had plenty on hand to make a wonderful dinner.  When the fridge looks empty, look deeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment