Sunday, October 4, 2015

Radishes!

I only have a "before" photo, but isn't it pretty?  As we strive to incorporate 9 cups of veg each day, It takes a little imagination to avoid getting into a rut. I bought the radishes because they were pretty, with nary a plan in mind. I wound up thinking outside of the box with a buttery saute (grass-fed butter) along with daikon and the best of the green radish tops. I chopped all of it roughly, and quickly sauteed the tubers and greens at medium-high heat. I stirred constantly and took the pan off the heat before the butter could burn. I sprinkled a little kosher salt on top and ate them all myself. The flavor was amazing -- peppery but mellow and rich, with a little crunchiness left inside. Anyone's always welcome to have a bit of my fab food, but I usually don't get any takers when I do crazy things like this. It works out well for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment